Tuesday, March 2, 2010

S is for Submit

This week's Bible lesson for my fourth grade students is all about the topic of submission. Today we looked at different people to whom we should submit, and pray for:

Parents - Ephesians 6:1-2
Teachers - Proverbs 5:13
Authority/leaders - I Timothy 2:1-2

Tomorrow we'll look at David's example of submission.

As we talked about submission today, I challenged the students with this:

When our parents or teachers, or anyone in authority, asks something of us that we do not want to do, it is an opportunity to love God and bring glory to Him.

As I spoke, I was preaching to myself. How often do I get an attitude or complain when I am asked to do something I don't want to do. Do I think of it as an opportunity to glorify God, or do I focus on how I'm not getting what I want?

Lord, help me to see these situations as opportunities to bring glory to you, and not to get my way.

S. for submit. I told my students to write it on their hands (if their parents let them!).

No comments: