Monday, March 24, 2008

A Life Update Post

I don't really post too much about my present life on here, but I guess I will today. Tomorrow begins the final quarter of the school year. I can't believe how quickly this school year has flown. Last year was horrific, while this year has been amazing. It most certainly hasn't been perfect, but overall I'm pleased. This final quarter, the kids will have to log 2 hours of reading per week along with writing two book reports. I think I should probably hold myself to the same rule. I'm reading 3 books simultaneously right now. It's not going too well. We'll see how it all plays out in the end.

I am going to have to put together some kind of Maryland history lessons for the end of the year. For the first time since I've been here, I'll be finishing my social studies book! Pretty exciting stuff. Five of my students have already accomplished their Memory Challenge -- Reciting all their states and capitals. We haven't learned the Western states as a class, so they went above and beyond to do it early. Good for them.

This summer, I'll be working at the minor league baseball stadium again. I'm going to be a server in the suites/boxes/restaurant. I did this two years ago, and it bought me a new television, a few plane tickets, and a big chunk off my school loan. My goal this summer is to pay off my entire school loan, which I should be able to do by August. How sweet is that? Maybe I'll even have enough extra money to take a few trips back to the midwest to see my friends and family. I say midwest because I'd like to get over to Indiana to see ... my brother, Michael.

I think that's about it for my life right now. God has blessed me with a great job, great coworkers, some cool friends here in MD, the best friends ever back in Michigan, a great relationship with my brothers, and even the continuing healing of my dad's addiction problems. I have all I need and more. I am so thankful for where God has me. I tend to complain a lot, but it's definitely wrong of me. I have no place to complain. I am blessed.

1 comment:

MadMup said...

I was amused by the part you meant me to be amused by :)