Sunday, December 7, 2008

The need to hear Jesus

It's so important for me to talk to Jesus, and for Him to talk to me. I won't discount the importance of Christian fellowship, group worship, and accountability. However, I can't neglect the one on one time I need with my Savior to cultivate our relationship. I can't completely rely on other people's positive experiences to help me grow closer to the Lord. On the flip side, I don't want to find myself straying in my relationship due to negative experiences others have had with Christianity.

I've read this passage many times, but this verse stood out to me today:

Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.”
John 4:42 (NKJV)
Church is great, but sometimes I can get so caught up in routine and tradition that there is no conversation between my Savior and me. There is no quality time. There is little quantity time. I want to experience Jesus personally. I want to hear Him and know that He is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.

No comments: