Friday, March 7, 2008

Melting Pot

I was talking to my friend, Jay, the other day. Actually it was yesterday. I told him I would like to blog more, but I don't really have much to say because I'm not very opinionated, and I really don't like confrontation. He suggested that he and I could write a blog together---he would be the agnostic and I would be the Christian. Immediately, I whined, "Why do I always have to be the Christian?" Then, I told him we could invite my friend, Mohammed, to our blog as well. Jay disagreed, but it got me thinking about all the friends I could allow to post on my new (imaginary) blog. Jay would be the agnostic, always asking why because he thinks he's a philosopher. Mohammed would be our Muslim. I could call Suzy to be our resident witch. Nick said he would be our Catholic, except that he kind of considers himself a heretic. So maybe Nick could be the heretical Catholic? I suppose every smorgasbord needs one of those. Right? I wonder what would happen on our imaginary blog ... We'd pray 5 times a day to a god we weren't sure existed, and then we'd cast spells on the Communion just before we partook of the transubstantiation, which was really only in remembrance of what Christ did for us. Hmm, this could be fun. I had a Sikh friend, once. Perhaps he would have something to add to our super-cool imaginary blog. Now I need to find a Jewish friend.

No comments: